Serves: 16 Brownies
- 6 tbsp European-style butter, such as Plugrá, plus more for greasing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously butter the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan and line the pan with two strips of parchment paper that fit the pan both vertically and horizontally, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and salt.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate on high for 2 to 3 minutes, stopping every 45 seconds to stir until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the sugar mixture until blended.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated, then whisk in the flour and vanilla until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the top is set and slightly shiny (the brownies should not spring back when pressed), 25 to 26 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack, cool completely, and cut into 16 equal-size squares.
If you make this recipe tag me @candacenelson for a chance to be featured on my stories